Follow these simple instructions below for a perfect dessert every time.
How to get your hot cake on:
(When your cakes arrives, place them in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to bake)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the lid, place cake(s) in the oven, directly on the rack or a baking pan.
- For baking 1-4 cakes: Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the cake domes and a couple cracks appear. If you are baking a frozen cake, allow a few extra minutes of baking time.
- For baking 4+ cakes: Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top of the cake domes and a couple cracks appear. If you are baking a frozen cake, allow a few extra minutes of baking time. Remember the more cakes you bake the longer the baking time.
NOTE: Unlike the Dark Decadence, this molten cake does have ganache piped into the center. So you won’t have to worry about over-baking as much.
- Remove the cake with tongs—careful the jar and the ganache in the center is very hot! Let it sit on the counter for a few minutes before serving.
We love to top this cake with our Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce and maybe a little scoop of non-dairy ice cream. We also love bananas and peanut butter as a topper. Tell us about your favorite topping here!
Buying for a dinner party?
Reserve the lids so your guests can take home what they can’t eat!
Baking in a mason jar?
Yup, you can bake in a mason jar. We are proud to use such a smart package to sell our product. The jar is the retail packaging, the baking vessel and the serving dish, all in one.
What to do with your mason jar once you’ve eaten the cake?
Use it to can, store spices, bobby pins, homemade salve – the list goes on! Click here for more ideas.
Storage: The batter will keep in your refrigerator for two weeks or in the freezer for a year! Please note this batter must stay refrigerated or frozen.
Contains: wheat, soy